Pages

Monday, March 03, 2008

New Karen Black play reading

PLEASE SAVE THE DATE!

 

 

THERE IS A READING OF MY NEW PLAY,

           "MAMA AT MIDNIGHT"     

AT THE STUNNING ZEPHYR THEATER

         

ON MONDAY EVENING, THE 17TH OF MARCH

                                       AT 8:00 PM

 

 

 

This play was written as it happened, in an emotional and difficult time for my mother and myself.

Eventually, I simply started writing down everything she said and everything I said, because life is so odd that it is possible to just nor remember or to miss the unusual specificness of it as it transpires.

 

And that is why I am so proud of this play and want so for you to come and see it: it is a reality play, it happened.

 

                    STARRING KAREN BLACK AND LELIA GOLDONI

                              IN A READING DIRECTED BY

LEE SANKOWICH

 

ZEPHYR THEATER

                        8:00PM, MONDAY THE 17TH OF MARCH

 

This is a free performance.  Not a fund raiser.  Just show up.

 

 

Zephyr Theatre
Hollywood Area
7456 Melrose Ave
Los Angeles, CA  90046

Between Vista and Gardner
(323) 852 9111

 

 

1 comment:

Captainsnaps said...

Hi Karen-
I was very lucky to meet you three times at Chiller Theatre and Ray Courts. I have a really cute picture of you and Buddy Hackett that I took at Ray Courts that I would like to share with you. Do you have an email address that I could send you a copy?
Have a great week!
Nick-